Books Coming Soon
Just One Evil Act: A Lynley Novel (Inspector Lynley) by Elizabeth George. Available October 15, 2013.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth George delivers another masterpiece of suspense in her Inspector Lynley series: a gripping child-in-danger story that tests Detective Sergeant Barbara Havers like never before.
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding. Available October 15, 2013.
Bridget Jones—one of the most beloved characters in modern literature (v.g.)—is back! In Helen Fielding’s wildly funny, hotly anticipated new novel, Bridget faces a few rather pressing questions:
- What do you do when your girlfriend’s sixtieth birthday party is the same day as your boyfriend’s thirtieth?
- Is it better to die of Botox or die of loneliness because you’re so wrinkly? Is it wrong to lie about your age when online dating?
- Is it morally wrong to have a blow-dry when one of your children has head lice? Is it normal to be too vain to put on your reading glasses when checking your toy boy for head lice?
- Does the Dalai Lama actually tweet or is it his assistant?
- Is it normal to get fewer followers the more you tweet?
- Is technology now the fifth element? Or is that wood?
- If you put lip plumper on your hands do you get plump hands?
- Is sleeping with someone after two dates and six weeks of texting the same as getting married after two meetings and six months of letter writing in Jane Austen’s day?
Pondering these and other modern dilemmas, Bridget Jones stumbles through the challenges of loss, single motherhood, tweeting, texting, technology, and rediscovering her sexuality in—Warning! Bad, outdated phrase approaching!—middle age.
UnSouled (Unwind Dystology) by Neal Shusterman. Available October 15, 2013. I can’t wait for this one!
Connor and Lev are on the run after the destruction of the Graveyard, the last safe haven for AWOL Unwinds. But for the first time, they’re not just running away from something. This time, they’re running toward answers, in the form of a woman Proactive Citizenry has tried to erase from history itself. If they can find her, and learn why the shadowy figures behind unwinding are so afraid of her, they may discover the key to bringing down unwinding forever.
Cam, the rewound boy, is plotting to take down the organization that created him. Because he knows that if he can bring Proactive Citizenry to its knees, it will show Risa how he truly feels about her. And without Risa, Cam is having trouble remembering what it feels like to be human.
With the Juvenile Authority and vindictive parts pirates hunting them, the paths of Connor, Lev, Cam, and Risa will converge explosively—and everyone will be changed.
Neal Shusterman continues the adventure that VOYA called “poignant, compelling, and ultimately terrifying.”