Deanna at The Book Lovers Attic and Rose at Insights into the Wonderful World of Books (url: http://lovetoread8.wordpress.com/ both nominated me for the Shine On Award. Yippee!
What a great pleasure to be recognized. This has made my day. Thank you for the kindness and support.
THE SHINE ON AWARD Here are the rules of the award:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
- Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Interesting being a relative term, and frankly I rarely find myself interesting…. Here are 7 things about me. If you read my blog you may have already gleaned this information.
- I love dogs. I love all animals but especially dogs. Also, I am foster for DFW Pug Rescue. I am willing to take blind and hospice dogs.
- I am a pack rat but am trying to go through a purge of all my pack-rattery.
- I enjoy word play, making up words and read the dictionary occasionally.
- I’m already running out of interesting things to say. I enjoy crafting. Especially jewelry making and crochet. But I also make soap, polymer clay figurines, home décor crafts.
- I have a blog about dogs & animals and a blog about crafting.
- I have a giant book collection, this is more than pack-rattery rather a deep love of the written word and freedom of speech. I had a difficult time learning to read as a child (dyslexia but when I was young we didn’t know what that was) but once I did I went gangbusters with reading.
- I am an animal rights activist.
Now I have really run out of things to say that are interesting. Here are the bloggers I am choosing. Please visit Deanna & Rose as well as the blogs below.
- Kimberly at Raven’s Ambition . I love her word play and crafting.
- Cleo at Cleopatra Loves Books . She is phenomenally supportive of other bloggers, entertaining and good book reviews.
- Rachel at RachelMankowitz The Cricket Pages. Again a supportive blogger, a fiction writer and blogs about her dog Cricket. And she is funny drop by and read her post on Wishful Peeing. (I call it peeing on the world but have never blogged about this – though I may write about how many dogs have to be in the bathroom when I am peeing and I Love Dogs and Animals. )
- Carrie at The Write Transition. Author of The Seneca Scourge, she has a personal Mr. Nasty Pants that occasionally invades her blog.
- Lipsy at Lipsy Lost and Found, Judging Books by Their Covers. Lipsy loves books, vampires, unicorns, tennis and is from London.
- Emily at My Boyfriends Hotter Than Yours. With a blog title like that, how can you not want her to Shine On?
- Hutch a Good Life. About Guinea Pigs Nacho and Buddy and Basil the rabbit. Animal lovers will love visiting Hutch.
- The Patron Saint of Dogs . Colleen says from Colleen. I know we can’t save every dog but what would happen to someone if they tried?
Thanks again to Deanna and Rose for nominating me! I hope that you visit the above sites and discover new blogs and friends to share your thoughts with!
14 responses to “Shine On Award”
Thank you so much for the award nod! I appreciate that. 🙂 And I hear you on the giant book collection. We finally went through our stacks and weeded them down. I kept my favorite books, but I just couldn’t hold onto everything. Ran out of bookshelf space!
Books everywhere. 😉
Way to go Andrea.
Congratulations and thank you so much for thinking of us ^_^
Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil
Thank you Nacho, Noah, Buddy & Basil. You are very kind.
Pingback: Tuesday Tent Troubles | Hutch A Good Life
Congratulations on your award,xx Rachel and Speedy
Pingback: Cleopatra Loves Books is now Super Shiny | Cleopatra Loves Books
Thank you for the kind comment.
Thank you for nominating me, it is much appreciated – I have posted a response on my blog here http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2013/09/26/cleopatra-loves-books-is-now-super-shiny/
You deserve the nomination. And I like your 7 things. I do love excel but have tooooo many books to list in a spreadsheet. It would take me weeks and I would become over-caffeinated.
LOL thank you!